You are a bibliophile and it is okay. Books for you are food for your soul. They say that the kind of book you read is the kind of person you are. This is also true for authors – the kind of book they write also tells the kind of person they are. If you find good books, do not forget about the author’s name. You may forget about their faces but never their names.
Speaking of authors, you should know the highest paid authors for this year. Forbes actually compiled a list of the highest paid authors. According to Forbes, these authors made a whopping $269 million collectively over the last twelve months. The earnings of these authors came from book sales, movie and television adaptations.
Here is the list:
- James Patterson: James Patterson topped the list with an income of $95 million. His books include Alex Cross, Witch & Wizard, Treasure Hunters, Private Paris and more. He won numerous awards from the Edgar Award for Best First Novel. His upcoming movie is Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life.
- Jeff Kinney: Jeff Kinney is the second highest paid author with an income of $19.5 million. He is the author of famous children’s book Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- JK Rowling: J.K Rowling is the third highest paid author with an income of $19 million. She is famous for her Harry Potter book series. The world thought the eighth edition was the last but she released a screenplay/book entitled Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – another hit.
- John Grisham: John Grisham is the fourth highest paid author with an income of $18 million. Aside from being an author, he is a politician and attorney. His notable works include A Time to Kill, The Firm, Rogue Lawyer, Sycamore Row, Gray Mountain and many more.
- Stephen King: Stephen King is the fifth highest paid author with an income of $15 million. His genre is contemporary horror, suspense, fantasy, science fiction and supernatural. His famous books include Carrie, Misery, Salem’s Lot, End of Watch and many more.
These authors made it on top because of their fans. They are famous not only in America but around the world. In fact, many Singaporean bibliophiles know one or all of the authors mentioned above. If you want to be like them, it is not impossible – all you have to do is to believe in the beauty of your dreams. It may not be easy in the beginning (like most beginnings) and there will always be tough days but if you believe in yourself, you will be a known author.