- January 30, 2015
All About Singapore
Singapore is the great shopping destination not only for fashion forward individuals but also for people who are into gadgets and electronics. People shop for affordable but high quality gadgets and electronic items in Singapore because it is the only place in the whole Southeast Asia where you can find good gadget deals.
Funan DigitalLife Mall
Funan is a one-stop shop for all electronic products in Singapore. You can choose from different shops that sell quality products in a more manageable price. It’s also assured that the sellers are following trading policies and standards. Funan is also a popular place for gaming fans to get the latest electronic equipment in playing video games. Examples of some products are Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS and Wii. Warranties are also provided in Funan’s products in order to assure that you got what you paid for.
If you are looking for a place that sells all things electronic from various quality brands, Harvey Norman is your go-to gadget shopping spot. The establishment also offers household appliances like LED television, air conditioning units, dishwashers, and home entertainment systems. Customers also rave about the helpful and professional staff at Harvey Norman who have proper and enough knowledge of their products.
For all your computer needs, visit Challenger to explore different computer products at reasonable prices. From tablets, speakers, printers, laptops, desktop units, and other computer accessories, you name it and surely, you’ll find those in Challenger. It’s also very convenient that they have more than thirty branches all over Singapore.
Singapore is a country where thousands of businesses bloom. In fact, the metro itself have different establishments which includes shopping malls, restaurants, hotels, bars, clubs and many entertaining areas. Because of the country’s strict implementation of laws regarding sanitation, you’ll find it relaxing when you visit the shopping spots in Singapore. Actually, there are a lot of them. But only few of them remain satisfactory to many shoppers.
- Tiong Bahru: Take it or leave it. Tiong Bahru is Singapore’s home of indie books. Also, you can select here different books, may it be fiction or non-fiction. Diaries or whatever genre you might be looking for.
- Bugis Street: When you’re done shopping with your favourite accessories and clothes at Bugis Street, you will have no problems when you want to rest and eat. Here at Bugis Street, you’ll find great and cheap foods.
- ION Orchard: This is maybe the most attractive mall in Orchard Road and houses the different elegant designer bags like Prada, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Zara, Fred Perry, Topman, Cartier and Uniqlo.
- Funan DigitaLife Mall: When you are looking for electronic gadgets and devices this shop is for you. This is the home of technology-related equipment; everything and anything you might need for your gadgets is here.
- TANGS: This is an original and local brand of clothes that is famous in Singapore. It is mostly visited by foreign visitors as well as locals. TANGS provides the trends that you are looking for. If you are a fan of shopping, then the place to go is TANGS. Aside from local brands of clothes, famous brands like Hermes, DKNY, Clarins and Laneige are also here.
We all know the famous chewing gum law in Singapore. What about the elevator law? Probably, many people don’t know it. Actually, the elevator law is closely linked with the chewing gum law. It talks more about taking care of the environment.
Why there is this elevator law?
During the past years, Singaporeans are not well-disciplined which made the country a miserable place to live. In fact, garbage are anywhere around the country and nobody cares about it. The elevator law was implemented because there are so many complaints that are received by the Singapore government. The complaints were made because there are many Singaporeans who keep on peeing on the elevator. Thus, made the government and its citizens pissed off.
How was it implemented?
The elevator law was implemented strictly. In fact, aside from the closed circuit television (CCTV) that is installed on the elevator in the country, they also installed a Urine Detector Device (UDD). UDD can detect the smell of the urine. When the device identified that there is urine content inside the elevator, the elevator will automatically lock and will set an extremely loud alarm that will caught the attention of many.
The only way to get outside the elevator is to admit your fault. Once you are locked inside the elevator, police will rescue you and will put you in jail. However, aside that you will be jailed; you might be fined with a large amount of money. Because and fines and punishment is very brutal, it’s better to think first of what you are going to do.
Once you are going to step the lovely island of Singapore, you need to acquire a permit with complete authorization and documents so that there will be no wasted time on your vacation. In Singapore, there are a many goods that are not allowed. One example of this is the possession of chewing gums.
Any individual who visit Singapore should follow this rule to avoid expenses. This is because bringing, eating and selling of chewing gums are strictly prohibited because there are fines and penalties that are imposed. However, if chewing gums are needed for your medication, bring all documents or prescriptions that will certify that you are using gums as a cure for your illness.
Prohibited items in the country include:
- Imitation tobacco items – Tone example if this is electronic cigarettes. Even if it is said that it has nothing to do in a person’s health it is still not allowed in the country.
- Cigarette lighters – Lighters especially of pistol design is strictly prohibited because it can be used by children as a toy which may sometimes cause serious accidents.
- Illegal drugs and other related substances – All countries around the world ban the use of illegal drugs because it is extremely harmful to the health.
- Transporting endangered species – This will have great impact on the environment if this will continue.
- Firecrackers – These are also dangerous products that can hurt humans. It is banned in the country because there are a lot of children are victims of firecrackers.
Other items like scandalous publications and tapes are not allowed and thus it must have permit to carry.