Although they are motivated, some people still fail in their endeavour of maintaining a healthy diet because they simply don’t know how to eat healthy at work. Committing to a diet plan will be difficult when you’re at work especially if you’ll be surrounded with lots of delicious, but unhealthy food, and you’ll likely be tempted to try each of them out. Yet, if you’re more than willing to stick with your diet plan, simply use these tips as your guide on how you can eat healthy in your workplace.
- Eat Anywhere But Your Desk. While it may make you feel like an office rock star, working through lunch will only encourage you to unconsciously snack later in the day. This is because you’ll likely reward yourself with extra food for working during your lunch hour, instead of doing some random things. If you can’t completely get away, just sit somewhere other than your desk like in the break or conference room.
- Indulge Then Distract Yourself. Ignoring the birthday donut offered by your co-worker will only make you crave them more. Instead, treat yourself to it and immediately dive into an unfinished project, or take a 15-minute walk in the hall to distract yourself from craving for more. This way, you’ll be able to cut your snacking tendencies at work by 50 percent.
- Opt for Water Instead of Coffee. Instead of carrying a cup of Starbucks in your meetings, just tote a bottle of water. A study showed that people who drank two cups of water before their meals lost an average of 15.5 pounds in two weeks. So ensure that you’re hydrated all the time, as a slightest amount of dehydration can cause you to eat unnecessary calories.
- Carry a Handful of Pistachios. These munchies will surely satisfy your 3PM snack cravings and keep you fuller for longer periods of time. So skip on the sugar and calorie-loaded snacks on the vending machine and opt for these healthy nuts.
- Avoid the Candy Bowl. They may seem small, but candies are actually loaded with sugar and calories. So practise bypassing the candy bowl in your office, even if it means taking a longer route to completely avoid it. Just think: You’ll be able to avoid an extra calorie intake, while sneaking in some walking exercise.
Eating healthy at work is difficult, but if you’re disciplined and determined enough to stick with your diet plan, having a healthy lifestyle is still possible even at your workplace.