Travelling somehow appeases the soul and warms the heart. You deserve to explore and see the world. So, while you are young and able, you should consider visiting many places. If you are still thinking what place to visit next, this is the time that you should consider Penang. It is near and economical. You often ignore this place because you set your sight for far places.
There are many things to see and do in Penang. Penang is in Malaysia and according to Hotels there, visitor numbers rose in 2013. In fact, the recorded visitor numbers in 2013 was the highest in the last 5 years. The higher occupancy rate spoke of something. If you are curious why Penang is considered, you can find it for yourself. You simply need to book your travel arrangements, arrange your accommodations, pack your bags and be prepared to have a good time. Here are some things worth your time, money and effort in Penang:
- George Town Streets: If you are a fan of architecture, you will surely love the George Town streets. You will see the eclectic architecture from Penang’s past. You should know that George Town streets is one of UNESCO’s heritage sites. You can explore the streets alone or join walking tours.
- Hawker centres: If you love hawker centres, Penang is definitely the right place for you. You should go to their hawker centres and enjoy Chinese, India and Malay foods. It is like you are in Singapore but you are somewhere else.
- Penang hill: You should not miss the Penang hill. The Penang hill boasts of grand colonial mansions. These mansions were converted to restaurants and inns to cater people who are visiting the hill. You will surely enjoy the refreshing air and the scenic views.
- Worship places: In Penang, many religions thrived. Do not forget to visit worship places. You can visit Buddhist and India temples. You will also see elaborate churches and outstanding mosques. This shows how people co-exist despite the difference of religion.
- National Park: It is a must that you visit their National Park. The Park is located in Pantai Aceh. Though the National Park is small, you will still be amazed. The Park offers different activities like fishing, picnicking, trekking, swimming and many more.
- Flea markets: The travel will not be complete without shopping. In Penang, you have two options – flea market or shopping malls. Regardless of your choice, you will surely have fun. If you are looking for souvenirs, it is best to go to flea markets at Little India and Campbell Street.
Your three days or one week will never be enough. If you want to stay for long, do not forget to let your boss or family know. Enjoy the sights!