- October 20, 2014
Nowadays, it is very difficult to obtain a job most especially that we are now in the modern era – a period where technology evolved. It is indeed the period where things are simpler compared to primitive times wherein you will put extra effort just to get food in order to live. But today, it’s just one click away. You can make food by just sitting.
On the other side, hiring employees also changed. If in the past times you will have to show yourself personally when applying, it is very different today as you will only email your resume and other documents to your prospect employers. In this way, you save money and your time. However, it is not an assurance that you will be called back.
To guarantee that you will be called back by your dream employer, you have to make sure that you have someone in the company that can help you in your application. Therefore, you need first to know if the company that you are going to apply has at least one individual that can recommend you to his boss. If you have common friends or relatives in the company that you are applying, then it is a plus.
Now, if you have persons in common, there is a great chance that you’ll get hired. However, when you are being interviews, be careful in answering questions because there might be queries wherein your attitude towards work will be slightly revealed without noticing it. Hence, always think before giving answers. For sure, out will ace the interview.
- October 6, 2014
Singapore’s Ministry of Health is worried about the increasing cases of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD) here since April. According to the Ministry of Health, there are now 793 cases of HFMD here in Singapore. This is alarming for some schools especially childcare centres and kindergarten.
The schools are doing its best to battle HFMD through hiring professional cleaning companies to sanitize and disinfect crucial areas. Apart from this, the schools are regularly taking the temperature of children to make sure HFMD is prevented if not reduced. If you want to know more about HFMD, here are some questions with answers about it:
- What are the symptoms of HFMD? HFMD is contagious and it is caused by different viruses. Children younger than five years old are highly susceptible to HFMD. The symptoms include fever, rashes, sore throat, reduced appetite and many more.
- Is HFMD serious? HFMD is not life threatening if you are very worried. The illness is mild but the fact that it is contagious makes it alarming. Patients can recover after seven to ten days with or without medical treatment. Complications are rare.
- Who are at risk for HFMD? It was mentioned a while ago that children below five years old are highly susceptible to HFMD but older children and some adults can get HFMD too.
- Can HFMD be treated? There are no particular treatments for HFMD but you can get over-the-counter medications to reduce the symptoms. For example, if you have body sores, you can take ibuprofen. It is crucial that you drink adequate fluids.
- Can HFMD be prevented? Unfortunately there are no vaccines for HFMD but it can be reduced. You can reduce your chances of getting infected by washing your hands often.